Define Your Project Parameters
Before you begin your research, be sure you understand your assignment.
Read and re-read your assignment! Ask your teacher any questions you may have.
Make sure you know:
- How much class time will be provided?
- What format can it be in? Are there choices (speech, video, diorama, report, etc.)?
- What style does it need to follow?
- How long does my assignment need to be?
- Has the topic been assigned to me? Or, what topic may I choose? (Be sure to get your teacher's approval.)
- When is my assignment due?
- What aspects of the topic must be covered in my project?
- How many sources do I need? Are there specific sources required?
Check due dates for specific parts of your assignment, such as:
- Resource list or citations
- Rough draft
- Final draft or project presentation
Next => Now that you have defined your project parameters, it is time to define your topic.